Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Tarantula

Its been awhile since I've created a post but a lot has happened. If you remember my previous post about the tarantula event, tarantula night at preuss pets, I went to that last Sunday. While I was there I entered my Avicularia Versicolor, Fluffy, in a contest for "cool prizes." I assumed cool prizes meant a T-shirt, mug or gift card. I was excited to hear that Fluffy won 2nd place for his beautiful blue color. They lead me to the prize table, which contained several different species of spiderlings. Therefore, me and my boyfriend are now the proud owners of a little Chilean Rose Hair spiderling. This is one of the most common tarantula breeds and can be found in most pet stores. However, I again want to stress the importance of finding a GOOD pet store when making the choice to get a pet tarantula. Many pet stores do not know how to care for tarantulas and therefore will sell sick, malnourished or abused spiders. I have heard too many horror stories of spiders being abused by careless pet stores that do not hire employees that know how to care for the animals. While at tarantula night I met several breeders that have a variety of kinds of tarantulas that have been properly cared for. If you can not make it into a pet store like Preuss but your thinking of getting a pet, please leave me a comment and I will be glad to give you some references to some good people that can ship you whatever kind of tarantula you want. For any information on kinds on breeds that make the best pets again please leave me a comment and I will be glad to make another post! Until then keep following!
Here's a photo, sorry its not the best. He is so small!

No comments:

Post a Comment